1 . Introduction
2 . Data Controller
We are the controller of the personal data provided to us for the purposes of applicable data protection legislation. If you ask us to pass your personal data to one of our travel and accommodation providers, then they will also be the controller of your personal data.
3 . What personal data do we collect?
3 . 1 . Personal data you provide to us
3 . 2 . Personal data we automatically collect about you
When you use our website, we may automatically collect and store information about your Technical Data and Usage Data for the purposes of research and analysis. Some of this information is collected using cookies and similar tracking technologies. If you want to find out more about the types of cookies we use, why, and how you can control them, please see our Cookies Policy.
3 . 3 . Personal data we receive from others
If we reasonably believe that any of the personal data you have provided to us is inaccurate, we may receive further personal data from third parties to try to confirm your identity. We may also receive personal data about you from our third party service providers, including our analytic service providers. From time to time, our travel and accommodation partners may provide information about you to us.
4 . Legal basis for processing your personal data
|PURPOSE/ACTIVITY ||TYPE OF DATA ||LAWFUL BASIS FOR PROCESSING INCLUDING BASIS OF LEGITIMATE INTEREST |
|To enable you to access our website ||Contact Identity ||Performance of a contract with you Legitimate interests |
|To assist you to make a booking by passing information to our travel and accommodation providers ||Contact Identity ||Consent|
|To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure and understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you ||Contact Identity ||Usage Marketing Technical Necessary for our legitimate interests (to analyse how customers use our website and manage our business accordingly)|
|To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences ||Technical Usage||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To send you marketing information ||Contact Identity ||Usage Marketing Consent|
|To administer and protect our business and this website (including improving and fixing our service, analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data) ||Technical ||Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation|
5 . Who do we share your data with?
6 . Where we hold & process your personal data?
Some or all of your personal data may be stored or transferred outside of the United Kingdom for any reason, including for example, if our email server is located in a country outside the United Kingdom or if any of our service providers are based outside of the United Kingdom. Where your personal data is transferred outside the United Kingdom, it will only be transferred to countries that have been identified as providing adequate protection for personal data or to a third party where we have approved transfer mechanisms in place to protect your personal data.
7 . Security
We shall process your personal data in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage. In particular, access is restricted to employees who need to know your personal data, and we use appropriate password protection and appropriate strong encryption electronic measures within our electronic data management systems. However, unfortunately, because of the nature of electronic storage, we cannot promise that your personal data or any other data you provide to us will always remain secure. If there is a security breach, we will do all that we can as soon as we can to stop the breach and minimise the loss of any data.
8 . Marketing
You may consent to receive marketing email messages from us about our website and our services, website, events, sales and business. You can choose to no longer receive marketing emails from us by contacting us or clicking unsubscribe from a marketing email. Please note that it may take us a few days to update our records to reflect your request. If you ask us to remove you from our marketing list, we shall keep a record of your name and email address to ensure that we do not send to you marketing information. If you still have an account with us, we shall continue to email you in relation to your account only.
9 . Your rights
You have a number of rights under applicable data protection legislation. Some of these rights are complex, and not all of the details have been included below. Further information can be foundhere
- Right of access: You have the right to obtain from us a copy of the personal data that we hold for you.
- Right to rectification: You can require us to correct errors in the personal data that we process for you if it is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
- Right to portability: You can request that we transmit your personal data to another service provider if you initially provided consent for us to use the personal data or where we used the personal data to perform a contract with you.
- Right to restrict or object to processing: In certain circumstances, you have the right to require that we restrict the processing of your personal information. If you believe our processing impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. However, we may demonstrate that we have legitimate grounds to process your personal data not withstanding your rights and freedoms.
- Right to be forgotten: You also have the right at any time to require that we delete the personal data that we hold for you, where it is no longer necessary for us to hold it. However, whilst we respect your right to be forgotten, we may still retain your personal data in accordance with applicable laws and when we respond to your request we shall notify you of any specific legal reasons that we have to retain your personal data
- Right to stop receiving marketing information: You can ask us to stop sending you information about our services, but please note we shall continue to contact you in relation to any matters relating to your account, if you have one.
10 . Retention of personal data
11 . General
7 January 2022