Outside Japan’s buzzing cities, there’s a world of unspoiled scenery and wild nature that’s unlike anything else on Earth. On this tour, you’ll spend five days in the dramatic wilderness of eastern Hokkaido before heading south to immerse yourself in Japanese culture, both ancient and cutting-edge.
KUSHIRO: Heart of Hokkaido
AKAN: Home of the Ainu
UTORO (Shiretoko): Watching whales
KYOTO: The imperial capital
IYA (Miyoshi): Verdant valleys
HIROSHIMA: City of peace
TOKYO: The dazzling metropolis
NatureYou’ll walk smoke-belching mountains, visit jaw-dropping lakes, and meet some of Japan’s glorious wildlife – from fuzzy bear cubs to the huge whales of the deep.
LuxurySoak in hot springs on a secluded mountain top, pamper yourself in a silk kimono, and enjoy delicate cuisine in the refined ancient capital – you’ll experience Japan in true imperial style.
TraditionDiscover the secrets of the indigenous Ainu people of the north, and explore the legendary temples, castles and gardens of feudal Japan.
Whether it’s swimming with dolphins, canoeing through the wilderness or looking out for the legendary monster of Lake Kussharo, excitement is never far away!
Duration:14 days / 12 nights
Arrival:Fly into Tokyo Haneda Airport, connecting to Kushiro Airport
Departure:Depart from Haneda Airport
When to visit:
This tour is at its best between June and August
• Two to three passengers: From €7926 / £6648 per person
• Four to five passengers: From €5981 / £5020 per person
• Six to seven passengers: From €5293 / £4440 per person
• Eight to nine passengers: From €4947 / £4151 per person
• 10 to 14 passengers: From €4778 / £4010 per person
• 15 to 20 passengers: From €4414 / £3701 per person
• Single supplement: From €658 / £552 per person
*Based on a 2nd of June departure
• Board: 12 nights at three or four-star hotels
• Meals: 12 hotel breakfasts, eight lunches (including one sandwich box), five dinners
• Bullet Train tickets: One journey in reserved second-class seats (Hiroshima to Tokyo)
• English-speaking guide: Per itinerary (including tip and allowance)
• Entrance and activity fees: Per itinerary
• Local transport: Bus, private car, train, cruise boat, canoe and ferry all per itinerary
• Domestic flight from New Chitose Airport to Itami Airport
• International flights and domestic flight from Haneda to Kushiro
• Certain meals, per itinerary
• Optional animal watching tour at night on day five
• Personal expenses
• Other items not mentioned in the itinerary
Please send us inquiry for other departure date for 2022 to 2023
We are the first and leading environmentally regenerative travel booking platform. Explore our selection of stunning eco-hotel and experiences, handpicked by us for you. And when you book your next holiday with us, a minimum of 2 acres of rainforest get saved. Grab your adventure boots!