Kunken Lodge Hotel offers you the comforts and services of a modern hotel with its eight villas strategically positioned to overlook the hotel’s secluded beach. The hotel is located in the heart of Golfo Dulce Forest Reserve between the Corcovado National Park and Piedras Blancas National Park. Apart from being situated between these natural reserves, it is also at a close distance to Drake Bay which has heavenly beaches.
The waters of the Golfo Dulce are an extravaganza of marine diversity and the fauna of the area is extremely rich and in its purest form. There are about 375 different species of birds, 124 species of mammals, more than 8,000 species of insects, reptiles, and amphibians. A tropical jungle paradise to contemplate wild nature in its purest form.
At Kunken Lodge the fireflies bathe the sky at dusk, creating one of the most incredible visual sceneries that nature has to offer.
Regenerate your mind, body, and soul at Kunken. Swim in the spring water pool, eat at the farm-to-table restaurant, rehydrate your body with the fresh spring water, or drink at the lounge& bar. Wake up to the sound of the birds and the smell of the ocean and fall asleep under the universe of stars in the luxury villas. Take time away from work, or bring work with you. Come and see Kunken’s frog sanctuary and the first hummingbird sanctuary in the Osa Pennisula. Find the dolphins and whales out at sea, or kayak through the mangroves. Kunken Lodge Hotel has a range of tours to help you be inspired by the nature around you. Kunken wishes to help you regenerate through retreating and creating new memories.
Surrounded by the jungle, the open-structure restaurant is perfectly located to enjoy ocean views, wildlife encounters, and ocean breezes. Ingredients are sourced with the help of local farmers, ethical fishermen, and organic suppliers to create a sustainable menu. Kunken Lodge offers both traditional Costa Rican meals and European/ International mixes, catch of the day, vegetarian and vegan options.
Adventures at Kunken Lodge Hotel
- Jet Ski/ Craig Cat Tours to Los Mogos ($125 per person, 2 hours)
- Dolphin and Whale Watching Tour on Jet Ski ($150 per person, 3 hours)
- Golfo Dulce Snorkeling Experience on Jet Ski ($150 per person, 3 hours)
- Rio Esquinas Mangrove-Ocean Adventure ($150 per person, 3 hours)
- Osa Wildlife Reserve Tour ($150 per person, 3 hours) (Minimum of 2 people)
- Quad Bike Tour Through the Jungle ($125 per person, 2.5 hours)
- Horse Riding ($60 per person, 3 hours)
- Mangrove Kayak Tour ($70 per person, 3 hours)
- Bioluminescence Kayak Tour ($60 per person, 1 hour)
- Bird Watching Tour ($70 per person, 3.5 hours)
- Nature Hike at Kunken Lodge (Long Walk: $25 per person, 2 hours – Short Walk $15 per person, 1 hour)
- Night Tour ($25 per person, 1 hour)
- Sport Fishing (Please enquire for the prices)
- Guided Tour to Corcovado National Park (Please enquire for the prices)
- Chocolate Tour (Please enquire for the prices)