Set 2h from Bordeaux and 3h from Paris, the Domaine des Etangs ranges over 2 500 acres of stunning protected nature. It offers 29 bedrooms, distributed between the beautiful 13th-century Château, the Longère (former stables), and 6 farm cottages.
The Domain offers various facilities and activities to its guests: locally-sourced restaurant, wellbeing centre, an art exhibition with a new exhibition each year, inside and outside swimming pools, floating tennis court, playground for children, bicycles, little boats… A family-eco-friendly hotel.
The Domain is set amongst 7 lakes, beautiful pastures and woods, perfect for long walks and being in nature.
Domain des Etangs are doing good things for the environment. With their own farm and vegetable garden, they supply their own organic and sustainable ingredients for the kitchen. On top of that, sustainable management practices are used by The Domain towards the surrounding forestry. Local artisans and producers of materials are used to furnish and repair the Domaine. Below are some of the other practices from The Domain:
- Installation of a high-capacity boiler using wood chips for heating and hot water in order to limit fuel consumption
- Purchase of green electricity from renewable energy sources
- Use of low consumption bulbs in as many areas as possible
- Provision of 100% electric vehicles for guests and internal services
- Use for part of electric robot mowers
- Partnership with Tesla for two charging stations
- Switching the entire farm to organic and studying animal welfare
- Sustainable forest management with PEFC certification
- Soil analyzes carried out by Claude and Lydia Bourguignon to optimize their natural management over time
- Collaboration with the National Museum of Natural History and the OPIE in order to carry out an inventory and count of all the odonate species present at the Domaine.
Come and enjoy a relaxing time at The Domain!