Abbaye de la Bussière is a luxury Relais & Châteaux hotel, nestling in lush green countryside between Dijon and Beaune. Owned by an English family, the Abbaye was founded in 1131 and sits in a beautiful and tranquil 17-acre park with a lake.
Abbaye de la Bussière houses a total of 20 bedrooms and suites and 2 restaurants; Le 1131, a Michelin-starred gastronomic restaurant nestled beneath majestic arches in an unparalleled setting in which to experience haute cuisine and the Bistrot des Moines installed in the former monastic kitchen, hearty, gourmand and convivial. Both are orchestrated by head chef Guillaume Royer who has the prestigious accolade of Meilleur Ouvrier de France.
Your stay in this extraordinary luxury hotel will be unforgettable.
Sustainability at Abbaye
- Abbaye is dedicated to composting and recycling.
- Abbaye serves water in glass bottles to reduce plastic use.
- Abbaye’s own organic herb and vegetable gardens are continuously being developed.
- Abbaye has its own beehives to produce honey that is being used in the kitchen.
- Abbaye has its own organic trout in one of the Abbaye ponds.
- The Chef uses only local produce, 85% comes from within a radious of 80 kms and the majority is organic.